Bike Rentals along the Austrian Danube
Bike Rental Services in Passau
- Rent A Bike Passau: situated at the western end at Passau's main train station, a bike is between €9 and €13 per day, open seven days a week from March to October (9 am to 12:30 pm and 3 pm to 6 pm), a pick-up service from all along the route to Vienna is available (surcharge of about €30 per bike), they also sell parts in the shop
- Fahrrad-Klinik Passau: a bike shop next to Altes Bräuhaus tavern within the old town of Passau, bikes from €10 to €12 per day, e-bikes and tandems are available as well, open Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm, with one siesta hour at noon), open also Saturday forenoons, a pick-up service from a specific hotel 5 miles before Vienna is available (surcharge of about €25 per bike)
- Fahrradladen-Passau: a small shop at the northwest end of Passau's old town, next to the Danube and the cycle path, a bike is between €9 and €12 per day, tandems and e-bikes are available as well, open Mondays to Fridays 8 am to 6 pm and on Saturdays 8 am to 2 pm, bicycle return beyond business hours via lockable bike boxes 50yd away from the shop
Bike Rental Services in Vienna
- Pedal Power Vienna: provides bicycles as well as guided bike tours through the city; they also offer to support your self-sustained Passau to Vienna cycle tour with start and end in Vienna, providing a bicycle, train tickets to Passau and an Esterbauer guide book
- ViennaExplorer: offers rental bicycles as well as guided day trips in and around Vienna
- Two services are situated within the Prater Park, north-east of the city center: Bicycle rental Prater and Bicycle rental Hochschaubahn
- CityBikeWien is Vienna's rental service for city bikes. Once you register yourself online, you can rent bicycles from about 110 rental stations across the city. To register (and to rent a bicycle), you need a credit card (VISA or MaterCard). One bicycle per credit card only. First hour is always free! Hence return your bike throughout your city tour once in a while, leave it there for 15+ minutes and have it for free for another hour. The website is available in English (button top left).
- Another one, a bit outside the center but easier to reach via subway, is Copa Cagrana. However, their website is only available in German.
All the bike rental services in Vienna offer their bicycles hourly as well as on a daily basis. Also, the second day is usually cheaper than the first one. Estimate €20 to €25 per day.